GREENVILLE, NC (WITN) – There are a few events and festivals happening in Eastern Carolina on Saturday.
- St. Peter’s Missionary Baptist Church hosts its annual Community BBQ for Family and Friends Day starting at 10 a.m. This event marks a return for the church and its community after two years of confinement due to the pandemic. St. Peter Missionary Baptist Church is located at 1295 Mumford Road.
In Washington :
- The Harbor District Maritime Festival runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at W. Stewart Parkway. This event will allow adults and children to discover the pleasure of going out on the water. The maritime festival will feature sellers and merchants of marine products, a parade of boats, educational kiosks and a nautical flea market.
In New Bern:
- The second annual Tap That Anniversary Block Party will take place in the 900 and 1000 blocks of Pollocks Street in Greater Downtown beginning at 2 p.m. . During the event, Religious Community Services will host a food drive. If you donate items, you’ll receive a ticket for a discount at one of the festival’s food trucks. Habitat for Humanity will also have a catering zoo with live painting and a dozen local artists.
- The third annual “Kolossal” day for children is held at New River Harley Davidson. The event will include motorcycle rides, a car show, face painting, bouncing houses, food trucks, a raffle and more. Kolossal Day runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and all proceeds from the event will go to help children in Jacksonville and Onslow County. The event is located at 2394 Wilmington Highway.
- The Beaufort Music Festival returns for a second day on Saturday from 11 a.m. Throughout the day, the festival will feature live music from national artists like Grammy-winning band Old Crow Medicine Show, Signal Fire, The 502s and Blue Footed Boobies, among others. . A family event, the music festival will also welcome vendors from across the East. Tickets start at $35 and paid parking is $20. There are free shuttle stops throughout Beaufort. The Beaufort Music Festival is held in Gallant’s Channel at the North Carolina Maritime Museum, located at 293 W. Beaufort Road Extension.
At Atlantic Beach:
- The 2022 Atlantic Beach Music Festival runs from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the Circle Promenade. Tickets for the festival are free. There will be food trucks as well as a free shuttle service. Some of the festival’s featured artists include Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot, The Embers and The Mighty Saints of Soul. The event address is 2394 Wilmington Highway.
Copyright 2022 WITN. All rights reserved.